Thursday, October 31, 2013

Lesson learned....

As I got past the challenges with stitching the quilt, I realized a big mistake - place batting in wrong place so when I went to turn quilt right side out, batting was on the outside!

I think this was a blessing because the dorm is so hot that batting is not needed. A pain because I cut off all the batting, which left a white border.  Now the challenge is to trim without cutting the quilt

Tshirt Quilt almost done

Been a while since I posted. Walked away from project for a while but I am back on it. Decided to tie it off to finish and 1/2 way done. Will have for Nick this weekend and will post picture 

Next small project is a mug rug - joined and saw these cute items to make - looks simple and give me a chance to practice quilting techniques.